Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Cure for Editing Blues...

Editing my novel has been sucking the fun out of writing. I was about to pack it up and call it a day when I got an idea...

and got out my trusty note pad...

and starting plotting...

a new book!

Thinking about new characters, new plot lines, researching different angles... I'm so excited now, all I want to do it edit my novel and get it out the door so I can start a new one!

Haven't thought of a title yet, but here is a quick synopsis of what it will be about...

The secondary character in the first novel is the MC - main character - in the sequel. It's going to be a fun and sexy whirlwind of a book on how to find love over 35, after a failed marriage, being a single mom, and watching your little sister get engaged and live happily ever after while you're not...

This is really helping me edit my novel since I can't start actually writing the second one until the first one is done and out the door!

Editing was sucking the fun out of writing...now with this new book's characters and plot swimming around in my head, I'm excited to write again!