Monday, December 9, 2013

Snowball Fight! Making the most of small snowfalls ;)

We had a quick snow last night here on the east coast. Big beautiful snowflakes all day long accumulating to about an inch. Not much to write home about - or blog about, lol - but it was still quite blissful to see everything start to be covered in white.

And then, in typical Maryland style, it turned to ice just in time for a drive home from the DC area. It's amazing how few people have cars in this area that can drive this seasonal weather. Happens every year folks! Ice all the time! As someone who grew up in Colorado and skied in the Alps, yes. I get a little bent this time of year.

I mean really. I miss my mountains... and real snow...

But I digress...

When we got home it had started to snow again and would you know? Snow+ice+snow makes for some mean snowballs! The hubby and kids built a huge snowman (not picture perfect with it's leaf and grass covered body, but big nonetheless) which turned into a 4-way snowball fight by the time ol'mom got outside with the scarf and carrot.

Let me tell you how happy I am I can throw snowballs at my kids now that they're getting bigger... ;)

It was a great time.

The yard is a mud puddle today, but "Snowy" the snowman is still standing, albeit a little melted from today's rain.

I wonder if I should buy snow boots this year? Last year is snowed NADA. They say this year we're supposed to get the most snow we've had in ages.

Ha... One can only hope...

Making the most of Maryland weather, I'm Lia Mack, forever lamenting my Rockies...

lol...