Friday, March 14, 2014

Best of the Web for Writers...Week in Review Take 1

It's Friday! :):):):):)

And what a week it was. Anyone else feeling the effects of March coming in "like a lion?" It was sunny and 70 one day, freaking windy as hell and 30 the next. Someone's siding is still in my front yard and try as I may, I can't tell which house it came down from.

So, if anyone is missing beige siding, please come get it... lol...

But I digress. This week was a great blog post week for writers as usual, with tons of craft info and tips and hints popping up along the way.

My first fav blog post of the week for writers was from Ellen Brock's editorial blog: "Top Ten Reasons Why Your Novel is Getting Rejected". If you're wondering why your novel keeps getting rejected, hop on over to Ellen's post and see if your novel fits into any of these top 10 reasons why. And, if you're lucky to not see yourself in these top 10 reasons yet are still getting rejected, Ellen offers mentoring services to help polish and shine your query+synopsis+first chapter combo.

I really loved Advice to a Young Writer. In a sweet (yes, I said sweet) yet motivational letter to an aspiring young writer, Jack Forde tells it like it is. "This letter, and everything else I’ve shared like it, is my way of saying that the easiest way is to end the search for shortcuts… and start walking the path that was always right in front of you."

Best Tweet of the week for writers was from ...One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged.” ~Lucille Ball. , just keep writing!"

Best pic to share with your writer buddies comes from INKYGIRL.COM, aka Debbie Ridpath Ohi. And you know you've done it before...not wanted to kill your darlings... ;) You know what I do? I keep all my darlings in a file folder named "darlings"...and I kill them. I'm sure I'll never use them nor read them again...BUT... it's nice to know they are somewhere safe because, well, you never know...


 Best advice of the week come from Jodi Picoult.



And last but not least, my own two cents: Just write.

Simple as that.

Until next week, just keep writing!

:)