Sunday, January 16, 2022

Why I’m Donating $10,000 to RAINN.org #forwardmotiononly #waiting4paint2dry

First and foremost, thank you for your purchase of this book as it benefits RAINN’s free 24/7 sexual assault hotline (1.800.656.HOPE | www.RAINN.org). 


Sexual violence is a cause worth fighting for, and RAINN is an organization worth believing in. Since 1994, RAINN has helped more than 3.5 million survivors through the National Sexual Assault Hotline and they work every day to shine light on the issue, and to ensure justice for survivors.


If you were gifted this novel or would like to do more to help, please visit rainn.org to donate. 92¢ of every dollar donated goes directly to RAINN’s programs to help survivors, educate the public and improve sexual assault laws and policies. Thank you for your support!



Because of RAINN’s fearful mission and continued service to victims of sexual assault, I, Lia Mack, am on a mission to raise $10,000 to help survivors of sexual assault by donating all my personal proceeds from the sales of my book WAITING FOR PAINT TO DRY to benefit RAINN.org.


RAINN is an organization I know and trust as, years ago, I used the RAINN hotline myself as a stepping stone in my own healing journey from sexual assault. And from RAINN’s resources, I was able to find a sexual assault trained therapist, help in reporting, legal assistance, and years of ongoing support. 


After reading this book, you now know healing from this kind of trauma isn’t a one time thing. You don’t just get over it. It feels never ending, like waiting for paint to dry. So having that support to lean on in times of need is all important.


My personal healing also benefited from a unique healing course I found online by Angela Shelton called BE YOUR OWN HERO. It was during the journaling exercises of this very helpful healing course that I started writing this novel. 


If you’ve never heard of Angela Shelton, she is an Award-winning Director and huge advocate of helping trauma survivors live happily ever after, no matter what you’ve been through! 


You can find more information on the BE YOUR OWN HERO healing course and at www.SurvivorManual.com.