Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Love Blogging...Yet Another Reason!

I've been contemplating why it is exactly that I love to blog so much. Given that I don't get paid from it and my writing has been 'lifted' a few times (it's appeared in the Washington Post, Nickelodeon Magazine, and some newspaper in Houston?!) I would venture to wonder just exactly why I keep keepin' on...

But it does pay me immensely as it affords me instant writer gratification: I hear what people think about my writing abilities, style, voice, almost as quickly as it takes me to click "publish".

This makes blogging a severely necessary tool for any wannabe writers out there. Here I was plugging away at my novel, dreaming of the day (possibly years from now) when/if it gets published and I finally hear what people have to say about my writing aptitude. I think that's basically - outside of getting paid and making a career of it - why we want to get published in the first place. So very few avenues until recently - aka: the dawn of the web - have writer's have easy quick access to so many readers and critiques!

I wish I could actually make a little cash with my blogs. But seeing how many blogs are out there and how utterly impossible it is to generate any traffic without first paying for it, it's just going to have to stay it's perfect, pure, self-paying creative outlet...