Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Best Agent Blogs...IMHO :)

I think every writer out there interested in getting published needs to read an Agent blog or two. Just to get into our heads just what they are looking for in terms of query letters, synopsis, and, above all, how to approach them!

I've been reading the following literary agent blogs and I must say, I had no idea some were so heartless! While others are working like hell to get good books out of good writers. Sometimes helping little ol'writers like us improve our prose with constructive criticism.

ALWAYS constructive...should there be any other form?

My list of THE best agent blogs :)

Nathan Bradsford
Not only is he easy on the eyes, he's down to earth, a writer himself, and tells it like it is when he comes across horrid writing. I respect such honesty.

Rants & Ramblings

Her view on self-publishers hooked me into reading the rest of her blog.

Query Shark
Need I say more? Query Shark shreds query letters down to size and points out in minute detail just what is wrong with them. What's nice is that she lets authors 'try again'...

Pub Rants
I love her 'beginner writer mistakes' blog posts. Helps to know what's up the road :)

Janet Reid
Tells it like it is. She doesn't mince words. Refreshing to see someone just get out there and say what needs to be said in a professional manner without taking everything too seriously.

Q for U: What are your favorite blogs?