Thursday, November 28, 2013

Having a Happy Cooking Thanksgiving Day! :)

All is quite. The turkey is resting in a water bath in the sink to help remove some of the salt from it's overnight brine. The hubby's asleep. The kids are asleep (Thank God!) and I'm using this one half hour on Thanksgiving morning to just sit.

And write.

Because that's what I love to do when I have time to think ;)

And I realized something. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year. Why? It's all because of the cooking. I love to cook! I haven't been able to do much of it lately, but thankfully yesterday and today I've had the spoons to do it, so it's on!

And cooking up a storm, I am!

Which reminds me exactly why I want to open and run a B&B. I love keeping house and love cooking. Even in the morning. I'm a o'dark hundred girl from way back ;)

Thankfully I have great guest authors here on the blog for BB Writers Retreats and they leave me a special gift - the recipe for their favorite breakfast. I can't wait to offer up a menu full of author favorites. I think it'll be a nice touch to a writers' retreat, to eat what your favorite author likes for breakfast...

Well, my To-Do lists are calling my name. I've got to butter the turkey and pop it back in the fridge until it's time to start cooking it. In the meantime, I've got 4 pies to make, as I'm sure the pumpkin I cooked last night will yield 2 pies it self... And who doesn't like extra pumpkin pie laying around?!??! I know I do! :)

To that, I'm also making my classic apple pie with the thatched pie crust topping (my hubby's going to cry happy tears as he's gluten free too and never gets to have pie crust). And last but not least my favorite cook Amanda Green from A Whole Lot of Crock's Pecan pie.

Oooh. And maple corn bread.
And jalapeno tequila cranberry sauce (my own recipe ;)
And my hubby's favorite Giada recipe for parmesean mashed potatoes...

I better get cooking!

But not before I pop over to my good friend Dana Renee Style's blog for a unique Thanksgiving recipe card creation! I want to print these out for my own recipes so next year, I'll be organized. And I LOVE organizing ;)

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful. Thank you for stopping by!

:)