Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cranberry Martini time! Happy Cooking Y'all :)

Happy cooking, y'all!

Tonight, I brined the turkey and made 4 gluten free pie crusts for pie making tomorrow morning. Then, while waiting for the pumpkin to roast, I made the simple syrup for some festive Cranberry Martinis for tomorrow...and had a few myself!

Yes. I just said "a few"... ;) 

Really simple and probably better in an actual martini glass...but don't let that stop you! I'm sure this drinks fine in any container ;)

CRANBERRY MARTINI

1c sugar

1 cup water
1 cup cranberry juice (I had straight, unsweetened. If you have sweetened juice, use less sugar)
1 cinnamon stick
1 slice of orange peel
1 bottle of vodka ;)


* combine the sugar, water and cranberry juice over med heat until sugar dissolves to make the simple syrup

* let simmer with a cinnamon stick and orange peel about 10 minutes
* cool

* in a glass, add 2 parts cranberry simple syrup to 1 part vodka

I personally like more cranberry simple syrup than vodka - like a 2:1 ratio. But...


"Make how you like," my grandmother always says.

;)