Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

Ah, finally. The first day of Spring.

Usually I spend the day tending to my garden, pulling out all the old stuff, making a bonfire out of all the dead twigs and plants that, in turn, will amend my soil quite nicely for this Spring's plantings. However, per the request of my wonderful 5 year old, we are instead making a trip out to the beach.

And it's amazing just how quickly a 5 and 2 year old can get dressed and be ready to go out the door when they are excited about something. Bathing suits under their jeans and long sleeved shirts, they are ready to jump in! If they actually make it past the first freezing toe touch, the water barely above 40 degrees, they'll become members of the Polar Bear Club. I know they won't get in, but it's nice to make new traditions and see the excitement in their eyes.

The beach. Spring. The beginning of warmer days, playing outside, swimming in the big blue...